Visit to Genting Outdoor Theme Park
Genting Outdoor Theme Park is only one of the three theme parks in Genting Highlands and one of many attractions in Resorts World Genting.
Tickets for Outdoor Theme Park can be purchased online or at the entrance. Tickets purchased online are cheaper whether you’re a WorldCard member or not. However, we bought ours at the entrance with credits from the Holiday Card.
For Jezebelle, she had to get ticket too since she was taller than 90cm and below 12 years old. Lucky for us, our friend Apple has a few extra tickets for children. Thanks, Apple!
The entrance of Genting Outdoor Theme Park
Lockers are available for rental at MYR 3.00 per entry (8 hours). However, the lockers are quite small and can only fit small luggage/bags.
The rides in Genting are divided into Thrill Rides, Family Rides and Children Rides.
Matahari, Ferris wheel
Jezebelle didn’t feel thrill at all on Matahari
Matahari has got to be one of the worst ever Ferris wheel rides as it never even turn a single round without stopping — all it did was letting passengers alight and aboard on every passenger cars.
Jezebelle on the slide
Junior Bumper Car
Alas, we didn’t manage to experience most of the rides due to the heavy downpour at around 3 something and Jezebelle took a long nap after we have checked-in to our hotel room. But before leaving the theme park, we managed to visit Beryl’s Chocolate Wonderland and bought more than MYR 30 worth of chocolates!
Beryl’s Chocolate Wonderland
The Process of Making Chocolates
The process of mixing
The process of conching and moulding
The process of tempering and packaging
Giant ladybug teapot
Jezebelle at Beryl’s Chocolate Wonderland
Jezebelle smells the flowers
Giant bunny chocolate
Jezebelle and Angel and a giant clock
Genting Outdoor Theme Park won’t be the kind of theme park that we would want to visit anytime soon. The only consolation was the mild "springtime" weather, otherwise, there wasn’t anything comparable to Hong Kong Disneyland or even Universal Studios Singapore.
View Genting Highlands Trip, Day 1 – Actual Itinerary by TravelingApe.com in a larger map
9.00 am to 7.00 pm Monday
10.00 am to 7.00 pm Tuesday – Friday
8.00 am to 10.00 pm Saturday, Eve of Public Holidays, Public Holidays and School Holidays
8.00 am to 8.00 pm Sunday
- Adult – MYR 72 (Normal), MYR 46 (Genting Worldcard Member/MyKad), MYR 35 (Online)
- Child (above 90cm & 12 years old and below) – MYR 40 (Normal), MYR 31 (Genting Worldcard Member/MyKad), MYR 20 (Online)
- Senior Citizen (60 years old and above) – MYR 40 (Normal), MYR 31 (Genting Worldcard Member/MyKad)
- Adult – MYR 70 (Genting Worldcard Member/MyKad), MYR 95 (Normal)
- Child (above 90cm & 12 years old and below) – MYR 48 (Genting Worldcard Member/MyKad), MYR 65 (Normal)
- Senior Citizen (60 years old and above) – MYR 48 (Genting Worldcard Member/MyKad), MYR 65 (Normal)
All Park (First World Indoor Theme Park, Outdoor Theme Park & Rainforest Splash Pool) Passes, Express Passes and Theme Park Annual Passport WorldCard are also available
Where to Get The Tickets
- Buy Online at Resorts World Genting Official Website
- Buy Online at WorldCard Shopping Website (Limited passes at discounted rate)
- Call the reservation number at (603) 2718-1118
Genting Highlands Resort,
69000 Genting Highlands,
Pahang Darul Makmur, Malaysia
Phone: (603) 6101 1118
Fax: (603) 6101 1888
- Theme park tickets are cheaper when purchased online at Genting website.
- The weather is usually like springtime averaging around 16°C to 24°C all year long but can be quite sunny at noon.
- However, like Malaysia, weather can be unpredictable, so be prepared for heavy rain by bringing hooded jacket or have disposable raincoats in your bags.
- During the heavy downpour, take a break at the indoor theme park or have lunch/dinner at one of the many restaurants while waiting for the rain to stop — after all, the outdoor theme park opens till quite late (check the opening hours.
- Be there early to avoid long queues especially on the weekends — you can easily get a few rides with short queue and waiting time.
Back to 2D 1N Genting Highlands Trip
Your browser does not support iframes.